Romantic Swiss TourPlaces Covered : Zurich - Lucerne - Interlaken - Bern - Geneva
DAY 1 – Monday : Zurich–Lucerne–Mt. Titlis–Interlaken
We leave Zurich at 8.30 a.m. A short drive takes us to the city of Lucerne where we visit the Lion Monument and walk over the 14th century wooden bridge, time at leisure for shopping and sightseeing. At noon we proceed to the mountain resort of Engelberg. A cable car ride to the summit of Mount Titlis brings you up into the high alpine region with its glaciers and eternal ice. Enjoy a magnificent ride in the new revolving “ROTAIR” gondola. (Take a warm sweater along.) In the afternoon we cross Brunig Pass to the Bernese Oberland and reach the village Brienz, which is famous for its long tradition of woodcarving. We continue to the holiday resort of Interlaken at the foot of Jungfrau mountain. Dinner on your own.
Overnight at first class hotel.
DAY 2 – Tuesday : Interlaken–Berne–Gruyères–Geneva
We leave Interlaken in the morning and drive along beautiful Lake of Thun to the Swiss capital, Berne. The city is attractively set on a steepsided curve of the River Aare and backed by the majestic Alps. A city tour to the Old Town includes the Clock Tower, Kramgasse, and the 15th century Cathedral of St. Vincent. A drive south takes us to the scenic dairy farmlands, to Gruyères. A beautiful hilltop town, preserved against time, which could be the magical setting for fairytales with its impressive, medieval castle. An informative visit to a factory of delicious milk product is a further highlight of our day. We continue our drive to the Vaud Riviera and reach Geneva, the most cosmo-politan city of Switzerland.
Arrival in Geneva at approx. 5.30 p.m.
Tour Price Includes
- Guaranteed departures every Monday from April to October
- All inclusive price per person
- Double occupancy with bath or shower EUR 585.–
- Supplement for single room EUR 65.–
- Senior Citizen Discount (age group 60+) EUR 18.–
- Transportation by deluxe bus with air conditioning, reclining seats, toilet, stereo equipment and microphone. Experienced and careful drivers.
- Accommodation in selected hotels, mainly first class, typical of the area, ensuring every comfort and the best food. All rooms with private bath or shower. Porterage (1 suitcase per person) at hotels, service charges and taxes included.
- Buffet breakfast at the hotels and dinners only where indicated in the tour program. Our tour guide will be happy to give recommendations of local restaurants.
- Service of friendly, multi-lingual guides (English and Spanish).
- Extras which are mentioned in the brochure, are already included in the tour price–such as the cable car to Mount Titlis, informative visit to a factory of delicious milk products in Gruyères, Glacier Express Train, etc.
- Optional side trips at an additional cost can be arranged directly with the tour director. (No Credit Cards accepted.) VAT–Value added tax Swiss VAT is included in the published rates.
- Guaranteed departures from Zurich and Geneva Zurich: Renaissance Zürich Tower, Turbinenstrasse 20, 8005 Zurich. Clients are kindly requested to meet 15 minutes prior to departure time.
- Children between 4 and 11 years receive 20 % discount when accommodated in their parents’ room.
- Although no changes are anticipated, we reserve the right to make changes in hotels where deemed necessary or advisable. Substitutes will be equal in quality.
- Valid passport is needed for travel in Europe. In addition, passengers from certain countries may require visa for Switzerland: please check with your travel agent.
- Discount will be granted to Senior Citizens at the age of 60 and above. The exact date of birth is to be given at the time of booking (no discount can be granted afterwards).
- To the guide and driver at the end of a tour are customarily left to the discretion of the tour members, and are therefore not included in the tour cost.
Tour Price Excludes
- Items not included in the tour price Airport taxes, passport fees, beverages with meals, baggage and cancellation insurance and personal items such as laundry, room service, telephone, minibar drinks, etc.
- Booking Instructions and Conditions Reservations and payment should be made through your travel agent or nearest airline office as early as possible to guarantee the exact departure and tour of your choice. Final payment is due four weeks prior to departure.