Typical Swiss TourPlaces Covered : Geneba - Zermatt - Lugano - St. Moritz - Liechtenstein - Zurich
DAY 1 – Wednesday : Geneva–Montreux–Zermatt
We start with a city tour of Geneva this morning. We will show you the beautiful parks along the lake, the unique town-hall and the European seat of the United Nations. In the late morning we leave Geneva and drive to Lausanne and Montreux. We pass by Chillon Castle, the 13th century fortress made famous by Lord Byron’s poem. Time for lunch in Montreux. In the afternoon we proceed through the Valais, the valley of the river Rhone with its orchards and vineyards. At Täsch we will board a cogwheel train that takes us to the mountain resort of Zermatt at the foot of the mighty Matterhorn.
Dinner and overnight at first class hotel.
DAY 2 – Thursday : Zermatt–Nufenen Pass–Lugano
Morning at leisure in Zermatt–admire the quaint old farm houses and barns in their unique style, do some shopping, relax or take an optional cogwheel train up to Gornergrat for a spectacular view of the surrounding snow-covered peaks. After noon board the train to Täsch where our bus is waiting to take us over the breathtaking Nufenen Pass into the Italian speaking part of Switzerland, to the garden city of Lugano. Dinner on your own.
Overnight at first class hotel.
DAY 3 – Friday : Lugano–Lake Como–Maloja Pass–St. Moritz
We leave Lugano and drive along the scenic road to Gandria where we cross the border into Italy. Along the romantic shores of Lake Como via Menaggio to Chiavenna in the lovely Bregaglia Valley. In Castasegna we re-enter to Switzerland and start our ascent along the thirteen hairpin bends over the Maloja Pass. Passing by crystal blue Lake Sils and Silvaplana we reach the world-renowned alpine resort of St. Moritz.
Dinner and overnight at first class hotel.
DAY 4 – Saturday : St. Moritz–Principality of Liechtenstein–Zurich
We leave St. Moritz in the morning and cross the Julier Pass to reach Chur. In the capital of Principality of Liechtenstein, Vaduz, there will be time for lunch and for sightseeing. This tiny country with the mighty castle, which is the home of the present Prince and his family, attracts visitors from all over the world. In the afternoon we will return to Zurich through the Toggenburg region with its picturesque farmhouses.
Tour ends at approx. 5 p.m. in Zurich.
Tour Price Includes
- Guaranteed departures every Wednesday from April to October
- All inclusive price per person
- Double occupancy with bath or shower EUR 1245.–
- Supplement for single room EUR 140.–
- Senior Citizen Discount (age group 60+) EUR 37.–
- Transportation by deluxe bus with air conditioning, reclining seats, toilet, stereo equipment and microphone. Experienced and careful drivers.
- Accommodation in selected hotels, mainly first class, typical of the area, ensuring every comfort and the best food. All rooms with private bath or shower. Porterage (1 suitcase per person) at hotels, service charges and taxes included.
- Buffet breakfast at the hotels and dinners only where indicated in the tour program. Our tour guide will be happy to give recommendations of local restaurants.
- Service of friendly, multi-lingual guides (English and Spanish).
- Extras which are mentioned in the brochure, are already included in the tour price–such as the cable car to Mount Titlis, informative visit to a factory of delicious milk products in Gruyères, Glacier Express Train, etc.
- Optional side trips at an additional cost can be arranged directly with the tour director. (No Credit Cards accepted.) VAT–Value added tax Swiss VAT is included in the published rates.
- Guaranteed departures from Zurich and Geneva Zurich: Renaissance Zürich Tower, Turbinenstrasse 20, 8005 Zurich. Clients are kindly requested to meet 15 minutes prior to departure time.
- Children between 4 and 11 years receive 20 % discount when accommodated in their parents’ room.
- Although no changes are anticipated, we reserve the right to make changes in hotels where deemed necessary or advisable. Substitutes will be equal in quality.
- Valid passport is needed for travel in Europe. In addition, passengers from certain countries may require visa for Switzerland: please check with your travel agent.
- Discount will be granted to Senior Citizens at the age of 60 and above. The exact date of birth is to be given at the time of booking (no discount can be granted afterwards).
- To the guide and driver at the end of a tour are customarily left to the discretion of the tour members, and are therefore not included in the tour cost.
Tour Price Excludes
- Items not included in the tour price Airport taxes, passport fees, beverages with meals, baggage and cancellation insurance and personal items such as laundry, room service, telephone, minibar drinks, etc.
- Booking Instructions and Conditions Reservations and payment should be made through your travel agent or nearest airline office as early as possible to guarantee the exact departure and tour of your choice. Final payment is due four weeks prior to departure.