Grand Train Tour of SwitzerlandPlaces Covered : Lucerne – Interlaken – Montreux - Zermatt – Chur
DAY 1 – ARRIVAL IN LUCERNE
Arrival in Lucerne by train 2nd class from the Swiss border or airport.
Overnight in Lucerne.
DAY 2 – LUCERNE TO INTERLAKEN (1H50)
Rail journey over the Brünig Pass to Interlaken by the Lucerne–Interlaken Express. On your journey you will pass 3 small lakes before reaching lake Brienz with its very distinctive colour due to its glacial waters. Time at your leasure for an optional excursion up to the Jungfraujoch Top of Europe.
Overnight in Interlaken.
DAY 3 – INTERLAKEN TO MONTREUX (3H)
Train journey with the GoldenPass Line to Zweisimmen then with the GoldenPass Panoramic train (or optional GoldenPass Belle Époque) to Montreux on the shore of lake Geneva. You find yourself among alpine forests, bubbling mountain springs and picturesque mountain villages. We recommend a visit to Chillon Castle, a moated castle on the shores of Lake Geneva.
Overnight in Montreux.
DAY 4 – MONTREUX TO ZERMATT (2H40)
Today you take a regional train to Zermatt, the marvellous and famous car-free alpine resort at the foot of the majestic Matterhorn. Time for an optional excursion by cogwheel railway up to the Gornergrat where you will have a superb panoramic view of the Matterhorn, Mont Blanc and other snow-capped peaks rising to above 4000 m. Or experience the peak of sporting adventures in the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. At an airy 3883 m you will find Europe’s highest cableway and summit station. For a little fee you may take the Crystal Ride cabins from Trockener Steg to the summit, an unbeatable experience.
Overnight in Zermat
DAY 5 – GLACIER EXPRESS TO CHUR (5H45) AND DEPARTURE FROM CHUR
Today you board the Glacier Express for one of the greatest train journeys in the world. On your rail journey the world’s slowest express train takes you across brigdes, through tunnels and across the Oberalp Pass at 2’033 m. Travel in comfort through the unspoilt natural beauty of a landscape rich in ancient, fragrant mountain forests, peaceful Alpine meadows, rushing mountain streams and mountain valleys, soaked in tradition and centuries-old culture. Arrival in Chur and return to Swiss border or airport or individual onward journey.
Tour Price Includes
- Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi: Grand Train Tour of Switzerland Top Attractions (5 transfers) in 2nd class from/to Swiss border or airport
- Seat reservation GoldenPass Line and Glacier Express
- 1 night in Lucerne, 3* hotel, standard double room, with private facilities, breakfast
- 1 night in Interlaken, 3* hotel, standard double room, with private facilities, breakfast
- 1 night in Montreux, 3* hotel, standard double room, with private facilities, breakfast
- 1 night in Zermatt, 3* hotel, standard double oom, with private facilities, breakfast
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal-coach and cable car can be purchased at 25–50% of the regular fares
Tour Price Excludes
- Meals other than those indicated above, drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature.
- Local City tax or Resort fee are to be paid directly at hotel/resort if applicable.