Spain & Portugal TourPlaces Covered : Madrid, Granada, Costa del Sol, Seville, Portugal, Lisbon, Fatima, Oporto, Salamanca
DAY 1 – Arrive in Madrid, Spain
Arrive Madrid & Check into your hotel. Rest of the day is free at leisure.
DAY 2 – Madrid–Toledo–Granada
A short morning drive south to Toledo. Spectacularly situated on a granite hill surrounded by a loop of the Tagus River, the ancient Castilian capital attracts more sightseers from all over the world than any other Spanish town. Time to visit the old walled city – Granada, which was made famous in El Greco’s paintings. Even now it’s like a great open-air museum of Spanish history and art. Cross the Guadalquivir River and head for the olive and orange groves of the rolling Andalusian hills. Overnight in history-steeped Granada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada.
DAY 3 – Granada–Malaga–Costa del Sol
Take advantage of the visit of the Alhambra, a summer complex built by the Moorish kings. You’ll treasure the memory of its architectural beauty, and magnificent gardens. This afternoon, enjoy a scenic drive along the Costa del Sol via Malaga to your overnight hotel.
DAY 4 – Costa del Sol
A day at leisure to enjoy the sandy beaches, browse through the trendy boutiques, or sample the many fancy restaurants. Enjoy excursion to Mijas, a typical Andalusian market town with some enchanting views of the coast from its upper terraces.
DAY 5 – Costa del Sol–Gibraltar–Seville
First today, a visit to the strategic rock fortress of Gibraltar, in British hands since 1704. Then, on through the sunny sherry wine region on the Costa de la Luz to vibrant, festive Seville.
DAY 6 – Seville
One of Spain’s most colorful cities. Perhaps you’d like to spend this morning enjoying sightseeing tour including the main highlights of the vibrant city.
DAY 7 – Seville–Evora, Portugal–Lisbon
This morning, enjoy the scenery of the Sierra de Aracena before crossing into Portugal and the fertile plains of the Alentejo. Admire the forest of cork trees and make a stop in Evora, a delightfully attractive Moorish city with arches, alleys, flower-decked balconies, and brilliant white houses. Take the motorway for the drive into Lisbon for two overnights.
DAY 8 – Day 8: Lisbon
Henry the Navigator made Lisbon the 15th-century “Mistress of the Seas.” You’ll see his monument, the Belem Tower, the Moorish Citadel, the impressive Black Horse Square, and other highlights on the guided sightseeing excursion. Spend the afternoon in the Alfama’s tile-decorated streets.
DAY 9 – Lisbon–Fatima–Oporto
North this morning by way of Santarém, using the motorway to reach Fatima for a visit of its world-famous sanctuary. Later, Oporto on the northern bank of the River Douro.
DAY 10 – Oporto–Salamanca, Spain
A profusion of woodlands and mountains on your way to Spain by way of Fuentes de Onoro and Ciudad Rodrigo, located high above the Rio Agueda. Reach the ancient and beautiful university town of Salamanca in the early evening.
DAY 11 – Salamanca–Avila–Segovia–Madrid
Leave Salamanca this morning, still visualizing its charming Plaza Mayor. Journey to fortified Avila with its many towers for an orientation tour. Visit St. Theresa’s convent before continuing to Segovia for a visit of this medieval town picturesquely set on a rocky hill. Cross the boundary between new and old Castile to arrive in Madrid.
DAY 12 – Madrid
Not only is it the capital of Spain, but because it is situated 2,180 feet above sea level, the Spaniards rightly say Madrid is the nearest thing to heaven. Enjoy the main highlights of the city.
DAY 13 – Madrid
After breakfast, Check out & depart to airport to board your flight.
Tour Price Includes
- 12 Nights’ Hotel Accommodation in Spain and Portugal, as per the Itinerary
- Daily Breakfast at your hotel
- Mini-Van available as per group size throughout the tour including Airport Transfer, as per the Itinerary.
- Orientation Tour Of Toledo.
- Guided city tour of Granada.
- Orientation tour of Gibraltar.
- Guided city tour of Seville.
- Orientation Tour of Evora.
- Guided city tour of Lisbon.
- Guided city tour of Fatima.
- Orientation Tour of Oporto.
- Orientation Tour of Salamanca.
- Orientation Tour of Avila.
- Orientation Tour of Segovia.
- Guided city tour of Madrid.
- All Hotel/Airport and Intercity transfers are Included.
Tour Price Excludes
- Meals other than those indicated above, drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature.
- Local City tax or Resort fee are to be paid directly at hotel/resort if applicable.
- Driver Meals per day: EUR 50.00 / Day
- Driver Hotel/Accommodation: EUR 120.00 / Night
- Parking fees are not included in the price
- Cost of excursions, city sightseeing, entrance fees and local guides other than that mentioned in “Tour Cost Includes.